Edwin Fitch Northrup
- Here is what I can tell you so far. It appears he had no children.
In the 1900 census he is single, occupation Electrical Engineer and living in Baltimore. In the 1910 he is married 9 years and has had no children. The 1920 and 1930 censuses also show no signs of children. I think his estate will depend on a will, which I don't have easy access to. Below is a an article I found on him in a Syracuse newspaper, and the information from the censuses.
. Syracuse Herald-American - March 10, 1940, Syracuse, New York
Syracuse Woman's Brother Cited for Aid to Progress Pioneer Award Presented to Dr. E.F. Northrup Princeton Scientist Dr. Edwin Fitch Northrup, Princeton, N.J., scientist and brother of Miss Edith Northrup, principal of Goodyear-Ebarlingame Lower School, has been cited by the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce for his "distinguished contribution" to the progress of modern industry.
Dr. Northrup was one of 100 men who received "Modern Pioneer Awards" at a Chamber of Commerce dinner in Bellevue-Stratford Hotel, Philadelphia. He was honored for a furnace which he developed to melt certain metals at extreme temperature.
The scientist developed his invention while he was a member of the Princeton University faculty assigned to Palmer Physical Laboratory between 1910 and 1920. He later became associated with Ajax Electrothermic Corporation of Trenton, N.J.
Dr. Northrup who is 74 years old, holds degrees from Amherst, Cornell and Johns Hopkins Universities. In his early manhood he passed several year in practical electrical work. In 1903 he became secretary of the firm Leeds & Northrup, manufacturers of electrical instruments. He held this position until he became associated with Princeton.
He is the author of a number of articles on scientific subjects an in addition holds many patents. He has received several citations and medals for his work.
- Address Rosedale Road, Lawrence, Mercer, New Jersey
- Edwin F Northrup age 64
- house worth 20,000 born in New York, Parents
- born in New York
- age at first marriage 34, occupation electrical engineer, electrical furnaces for military metals
- Margaret S Northrup 67 wife age at first marriage 37 born in
- Pennsylvania, father born in Ireland, mother born in Pennsylvania,
- occupation none
- No children in household
- Name: Edwin F Northrup
- Home in 1920: Princeton, Mercer, New Jersey
- Address 30 Wiggins Street
- Occupation President of Electrical Firm
- Age: 53
- Estimated Birth Year: abt 1867
- Birthplace: New York
- Spouse's Name: Margaret S Northrup
- Father's Birth Place: New York
- Mother's Birth Place: New York
- Spouse's Name: Margaret S Northrup
- Home in 1910: Philadelphia Ward 42, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 8 Asbury Terrace
- Occupation Manufactory Electrical Instruments
- Married 9 year no children
- Edwin F Northrup 44
- Margaret S Northrup 47
In 1900 Census he is a boarder living in Baltimore, occupation electrical engineer
- 1313 Madison Avenue
- single age 33 listed as Edwin E. Northrop
Maryland > Baltimore City (Independent City) > Baltimore Ward 13 >District 166 > 4
How can I find out who owns a copyright?
We can provide you with the information available in our records. A search of registrations, renewals, and recorded transfers of ownership made before 1978 requires a manual search of our files. Upon request, our staff will search our records at the statutory rate of $165 for each hour (2 hour minimum). There is no fee if you conduct a search in person at the Copyright Office. Copyright registrations made and documents recorded from 1978 to date are available for searching online. For further information, see Circular 22, How to Investigate the Copyright Status of a Work, and Circular 23, Copyright Card Catalog and the Online File.