William E. Burrows
The Survival Imperative
Using Space to Protect Earth
Central 629.4 B972s 2006
- read cover to cover ... interesting with some flakey thought
- p170 Dyson energy collecting "spheres"
- SSPS a "reflective panel" the size of Manhattan beaming energy to six*seven mile rectenna
- Martin I. Hoffert physicist NYU, Sun in space is 8 to 10 times greater because of atmosphere, rotation, and cloud cover
- Helium 3 from Moon
- p196 Ray Eriksen (Massachutsetts aerospace engineer) touts space elevator, reducing cost from $10K to $100
- p223 No lunar ore, He3 again
The Asteroid Threat
Defending Our Planet from Deadly Near-Earth Objects
Central 551.397 B9729a 2014
I prefer more numbers and less chat. No time to read, back to the library.